Re-engineered in no small way.
New eighth-generation 6‑core processor
Faster 2666MHz DDR4 memory up to 64GB
Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C), HDMI 2.0, and available 10Gb Ethernet
Blazing-fast all-flash storage with up to 2TB SSD
Part racehorse. All workhorse.
In addition to being a great desktop computer, Mac mini powers everything from home automation to giant render farms. And now with eighth-generation Intel quad-core and processor and Intel UHD Graphics 630, Mac mini has even more compute power for industrial-grade tasks. So whether you’re running a live concert sound engine or testing your latest iOS app, Mac mini is the shortest distance between a great idea and a great result.
- 3.6GHz quad-core Intel Core i3
- 6MB shared L3 cache
- Configurable to:
- 3.2GHz 6-core Intel Core i7
- Turbo Boost up to 4.6GHz
- 12MB shared L3 cache
Mac mini features high-performance 2666MHz DDR4 SO-DIMM memory for faster rendering, working with massive files, or running multiple virtual machines.
of 2666MHz DDR4 SO-DIMM memory
Mac mini now includes all-flash PCIe-based storage, with up to four times the read speeds of previous flash options. So you can load giant files and launch apps faster than ever.
Mac mini has even more compute power for industrial-grade tasks. So whether you’re running a live concert sound engine or testing your latest iOS or iPadOS app, Mac mini is the shortest distance between a great idea and a great result.
Support for the following combination of maximum concurrent display setups:
- Up to three displays:
- Two displays with 4096-by-2304 resolution at 60Hz connected via Thunderbolt 3 plus one display with 4096-by-2160 resolution at 60Hz connected via HDMI 2.0
- Up to two displays:
- One display with 5120-by-2880 resolution at 60Hz connected via Thunderbolt 3 plus one display with 4096-by-2160 resolution at 60Hz connected via HDMI 2.0
Thunderbolt 3 digital video output supports
- Native DisplayPort output over USB-C
- Thunderbolt 2, DVI, and VGA output supported using adapters (sold separately)
HDMI 2.0 display video output
- Support for one display with 4096-by-2160 resolution at 60Hz
- DVI output using HDMI to DVI Adapter (sold separately)
- Built-in speaker
- 3.5 mm headphone jack
- HDMI 2.0 port supports multichannel audio output
Connections and Expansion
With a variety of ports, Mac mini is ready for a variety of workflow configurations. Thunderbolt 3 is our most powerful and versatile port ever — and Mac mini has four of them. The new HDMI 2.0 port delivers more bandwidth than its predecessor, so you can enjoy faster frame rates. And now Mac mini can be configured with 10Gb Ethernet so it's ready to move mountainous files and monstrous data up to 10 times faster.
Four Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) ports with support for:
Thunderbolt 3 gives you some seriously productive possibilities. Transfer data at up to 40Gb/s. Charge and power external devices. Connect up to two 4K displays — and even a third with HDMI 2.0 — or one 5K display. Or pair Mac mini with an eGPU for desktop-class graphics performance.
- Thunderbolt (up to 40 Gbps)
- USB 3.1 Gen 2 (up to 10 Gbps)
- Thunderbolt 2, HDMI, DVI, and VGA supported using adapters (sold separately)
Two USB 3 ports (up to 5 Gbps)
HDMI 2.0 port
Gigabit Ethernet port (configurable to 10Gb Ethernet)
3.5 mm headphone jack
802.11ac Wi-Fi wireless networking
IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n compatible
Bluetooth 5.0 wireless technology
10/100/1000BASE-T Gigabit Ethernet (RJ-45 connector)
Configurable to 10Gb Ethernet (Nbase-T Ethernet with support for 1Gb, 2.5Gb, 5Gb, and 10Gb Ethernet using RJ-45 connector)
Size and Weight
Because of its size, performance, and wide array of ports, Mac mini goes where no Mac has gone before. And now with even more cores packed into its 7.7-inch-square frame, you never know where you’ll find a Mac mini — or dozens of them — hard at work.
- Height: 1.4 inches (3.6 cm)
- Width: 7.7 inches (19.7 cm)
- Depth: 7.7 inches (19.7 cm)
- Weight: 2.9 pounds (1.3 kg)
Electrical and Operating Requirements
- Line voltage: 100–240V AC
- Frequency: 50Hz to 60Hz, single phase
- Maximum continuous power: 150W
- Operating temperature: 50° to 95° F (10° to 35° C)
- Storage temperature: –40° to 116° F (–40° to 47° C)
- Relative humidity: 5% to 90% noncondensing
- Operating altitude: tested up to 16,400 feet (5000 meters)
- Typical acoustical performance: Sound pressure level (operator position): 5 dBA at idle
In the Box