Believing is seeing.
The first 32-inch Retina 6K display ever. Up to 1600 nits of brightness. An astonishing 1,000,000:1 contrast ratio and superwide viewing angle. Over a billion colors presented with exceptional accuracy. And dynamic range that transforms the professional workflow. Introducing Apple Pro Display XDR, the world’s best pro display.
XDR. Dynamic range to the extreme.
The contrast your eyes see between brightness and darkness is very challenging to reproduce in a display, leading to the development of High Dynamic Range (HDR). With breakthrough backlighting technology, Pro Display XDR takes brightness, contrast, and color to a new level. Far beyond HDR, it’s Extreme Dynamic Range (XDR).
Retina 6K Display
32-inch (diagonal) IPS LCD display with oxide TFT technology
- Resolution: 6016 by 3384 pixels (20.4 million pixels) at 218 pixels per inch
- Aspect ratio: 16:9
XDR (Extreme Dynamic Range)
Typical desktop displays have sustained brightness around 350 nits. Some pro displays exceed this, but most can only sustain it for short periods of time. Pro Display XDR produces an industry-leading 1000 nits of full-screen sustained brightness and 1600 nits at its peak. It gives you the power to maintain extreme brightness without ever dimming. Along with efficient backlight control, this delivers outstanding contrast between the brightest brights and the blackest blacks. The result is an incredible 1,000,000:1 contrast ratio and stunningly real XDR imagery.
- Brightness: 1000 nits sustained (full screen), 1600 nits peak
- Contrast ratio: 1,000,000:1
- Color: P3 wide color gamut, 10-bit depth for 1.073 billion colors
- SDR brightness: 500 nits
Superwide viewing angle.
When multiple people review work together on a single screen, it’s critical that everyone sees the same thing. While most pro desktop displays claim a wide viewing angle, in reality, color and image quality become distorted when seen off-axis. With industry-leading polarizer technology, Pro Display XDR achieves a superwide viewing angle that maintains exceptional color and contrast.
- Viewing angle: Superwide angle with high-fidelity color and contrast at 89º left, 89º right, 89º up, 89º down
Fully laminated; 1.65% reflectivity (typical)
Show your truest colors.
Pro Display XDR always gives you the truest representation of your work. A P3 wide color gamut provides a color palette capable of creating the most vibrant imagery. With true 10-bit color, Pro Display XDR can produce more than a billion colors with extreme accuracy. State-of-the-art calibration and a sophisticated algorithm ensure that you get the highest-quality color possible.
- 10-bit, color depth
- P3, wide color gamut
LED in a whole new light.
True-to-life imagery requires having extremely bright areas of the screen right next to extremely dark areas. Without precise backlight control, this can cause an unintended glow called blooming. Pro Display XDR is able to dramatically reduce blooming using advanced LED technology, light shaping, and intelligent image processing.
- 2D backlighting system using 576 full array local dimming zones
- Apple-designed timing controller (TCON) chip engineered to precisely control high-speed modulation of both 20.4 million LCD pixels and 576 LEDs in backlight for seamless synchronization
- True Tone technology with dual ambient light sensor (ALS) design to ensure an accurate viewing experience in any ambient lighting condition
- Up to25xbetter off-axis contrast than a typical LCD.
47.95Hz / 48.00Hz / 50.00Hz / 59.94Hz / 60.00Hz
Less glare. And even less glare.
Every Pro Display XDR screen is engineered for extremely low reflectivity. And if you’re in an especially uncontrolled lighting environment, there’s an innovative matte option with nano-texture glass. Typical matte displays have a coating added to their surface that scatters light. However, these coatings lower contrast while producing unwanted haze and sparkle. The nano-texture on Pro Display XDR is actually etched into the glass at the nanometer level. The result is a screen with beautiful image quality that maintains contrast while scattering light to reduce glare to the barest minimum.
- Nano-texture glass. Light scattered to further reduce glare.
The following features require macOS Catalina 10.15.2 or later:
- Reference mode selection
- Reference status indicator
- Brightness control
- Portrait/landscape detection
- Night Shift
- True Tone
- Dolby Vision, HDR10, and Hybrid-Log Gamma (HLG) playback support
- User-defined reference modes (coming soon)
- User calibration (coming soon)
One Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) port, three USB-C ports
- One upstream port for Mac Pro or other Thunderbolt 3 host (96W host charging)
- Three USB-C (USB 2) ports for charging or syncing
Pro Display XDR is compatible with the following Mac models running macOS Catalina 10.15.2 or later:
- Mac Pro (2019) with MPX Module GPUs
- 15-inch MacBook Pro (2018 or later)
- 16-inch MacBook Pro (2019)
- 21.5-inch iMac (2019)
- 27-inch iMac (2019)
- Any Mac model with Thunderbolt 3 ports paired with Blackmagic eGPU or Blackmagic eGPU Pro
Pro Stand makes every adjustment of your display feel seamless. Precision tilting and 120 mm of height adjustment help Pro Display XDR adapt to any viewing condition. The angle of the display stays true even as you adjust the height. With Pro Stand, you get a display that feels weightless, moves effortlessly where you want it, and stays exactly where you leave it.
Detach. Move. Attach. Having the freedom to move between being on set and working in the studio can make a big difference. The magnetic connector on Pro Stand makes it easy to attach and detach from its polar-opposite magnet on the back of Pro Display XDR. These magnets guide the connection while latches automatically engage and securely lock the stand to the display. Detaching it is as simple as unlocking the slider.
- Height adjustment: the system allows for a total height adjustment of 120 mm (60 mm in each direction from the midpoint)
- Orientation: landscape or portrait
- Tilt: −5° to +25°
Stand size and weight
- Width: 7.1 inches (18.0 cm)
- Height (arm 0º, tilt 0º): 17.0 inches (43.3 cm)
- Depth: 9.3 inches (23.6 cm)
- Height (arm 45º, tilt 25º): 19.6 inches (49.7 cm)
- Weight: 9.5 pounds (4.3 kg)
Display with stand size and weight
- Depth (tilt 25°): 10.9 inches (27.8 cm)
- Weight: 25.99 pounds (11.78 kg)
Every side is its good side.
Pro Stand gives you the ability to move between landscape and portrait whenever you want. All you have to do is unlock the slider and turn the display. Whether you’re a developer, a photographer, or a composer, you can see more of your work without endless scrolling.
VESA Mount Adapter
Many pros have unique mounting setups for their displays. The VESA Mount Adapter attaches to the display in a matter of seconds for quick and easy mounting.
Easy-to-attach alternative to Pro Stand. With a similar design to the magnetic connector on Pro Stand, it can be placed and secured quickly and easily using the included Apple-designed tool.
Compatible with 100 x 100 mm VESA stand or mount.
Vesa Mount Adapter - Size and weight
- Width: 4.7 inches (11.9 cm)
- Height: 4.7 inches (11.9 cm)
- Depth: 0.72 inch (1.83 cm)
- Weight: 0.62 pound (0.28 kg)
In the Box
- Pro Display XDR
- Power cord (2 m)
- Apple Thunderbolt 3 Pro Cable (2 m)
- Polishing cloth
Electrical and Operating Requirements
- Line voltage: 100–240V AC
- Frequency: 50Hz to 60Hz, single phase
- Operating temperature: 50° to 95° F (10° to 35° C)
- Relative humidity: 5% to 95% noncondensing
- Maximum altitude: tested up to 16,400 feet (5000 meters)
Size and Weight
- Width: 28.3 inches (71.8 cm)
- Height: 16.2 inches (41.2 cm)
- Depth: 1.1 inches (2.7 cm)
- Weight: 16.49 pounds (7.48 kg)